“Ringing In The Arts”
The Festival will be held Saturday, December 2, 2023, in beautiful downtown Gretna on Huey P. Long Avenue under the marketplace from 5:00 – 9:00 pm. The Festival will give patrons from across the area an evening to meet, interact, and conduct business with artists, creating an outdoor gallery against the dramatic backdrop of our quaint city.
This is a juried show of two-dimensional art only, not including photography, created by the individual artist. The show will be limited to 40 artists. Only one artist is allowed per space and the artist must be present. Originals and reproductions are allowed, both framed and unframed. Each artist must provide their own equipment for set-up (tables, screens, browse boxes, additional lighting, etc.). The booth fee for a 10X10 space is $30.00. There is no jury fee and artists retain 100% of their sales, but are responsible for collecting and reporting their own taxes.
The application deadline is October 24, 2023. Once accepted into the show, booth fees must reach the Festival by November 14, 2023. A submitted application is not a guarantee of acceptance. As part of your application you will be required to submit four color images of your current work. The Festival may limit the number of artists accepted in some categories in order to present a balanced show. Only work representative of that submitted for jurying may be exhibited. The Festival reserves the right to request the removal of any work that differs from the images submitted and accepted, as well as any inappropriate work or display. All decisions by the jury committee are final. Artists are encouraged to wear Victorian style or Christmas attire, but not required.
“Ringing In The Arts” is an opportunity to bring the best of fine arts to our historic town and to showcase your work and creativity to the public. Again, we are very excited about this yearʼs event and hope you will join us by applying.
Ringing In The Arts
December 2, 2023
Rules and Application
- Only two-dimensional artwork done by the artist will be accepted into this show. Originals and reproductions are allowed, both framed and unframed. No photography will be allowed into this show.
- No space can be shared. Under no circumstances will stand-in or proxy exhibitors be permitted. Only the artist accompanying his or her work may participate in Ringing In The Arts. Artists are responsible for collecting and reporting their own sales taxes.
- Each artist must submit four (4) photos representative of their artwork to be exhibited with their application for jurying into the show. No application will be accepted without the four (4) photos. These images can be submitted either digitally or in printed form. Images will not be returned and may be used to promote the show. Only work representative of that submitted for jurying may be exhibited. Displays will be viewed throughout the Festival by committee members. This is a family oriented Festival for spectators of all ages, and work exhibited must be in keeping with this atmosphere. The Festival reserves the right to remove work or displays that it deems inappropriate or any work that differs from the images submitted and accepted. Failure to remove such works or abide by the rules set forth may result in the applicantʼs removal from the Festival. Because this is a two- dimensional show, no three-dimensional items such as jewelry, coasters, etc. are allowed, and no “Sale” signs are permitted.
- No one is guaranteed acceptance into the Festival or a specific booth location.
- Artists must exhibit the entire length of the Festival (5:00 pm. – 9:00 pm.). No booths will be allowed to tear down before 9:00 pm.
- Exhibitors will provide their own display equipment (screens, tables, chairs, lights, etc.), and bear the responsibility for all set-up and security needs for their exhibits. Neither the City of Gretna, Louisiana, nor the Gretna Market will be responsible for loss or damage of any kind. Electricity is limited to 300 watts per booth.
- Registration and set-up will begin at 2:00 pm. and all booths must be ready by 4:30 pm.
- AFTER UNLOADING, EVERYONE MUST MOVE THEIR VEHICLE. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS! No exhibitors or their assistants will be allowed to park on the street in the 300 block of Huey P. Long Avenue. This will be closely monitored. MOVE YOUR VEHICLE AS SOON AS YOU HAVE UNLOADED to assist both the city and other exhibitors, and allow parking for customers. If this is not done, the exhibitor will be asked to leave the show.
- Booth spaces will be assigned. All displays must be contained within the 10ʻX10ʼ booth space, including signs and tables. There is no space between each booth, but there is some storage behind each space for the artist use.
- Artists are encouraged to demonstrate their creativity within their booth space.
- Because this is a fine art evening event before Christmas, artists and their assistants are encouraged to dress in Victorian or Christmas attire, but are not required.
- Deadline for entries is October 24, 2023. Applicants will be notified of jury results after this date.
- Booth fee is $30.00, payable upon notice of acceptance and due no later than November 14, 2023. There is no rain date and no refunds for inclement weather. Checks should be made out to: Gretna Marketplace and mailed to Gretna Marketplace, c/o Ringing In The Arts, 739 4th St., Gretna, LA 70053.
- There will be a “Peoples Choice” prize package award valued at $500.00 given to the winning artist, voted on by the public the evening of the event.
For questions or Information contact: Jeanine Falcone 504-324-4747
Please complete the following online application or download a PDF copy here.