The Parks and Recreation Department operates facilities throughout the City. The two primary recreation facilities are Mel Ott Park and Gretna City Park.
- Mel Ott Park – 2301 Belle Chasse Hwy.
- Gretna City Park – 1 Copernicus St.
The Department is headquartered at Mel Ott Park.
The Department operates five larger neighborhood parks, these include:
- Heritage Park (Huey P. Long Park) – 1035 Huey P. Long Ave.
- J.B. Spencer Park – 700 Governor Hall
- McDonoghville Park – 600 Weidman St.
- Bellevue Park – 640 Gretna Blvd.
- Centennial Park (operated by Jefferson Parish) – Near the intersection of Willow Drive and N. Randall Court, across from the Gretna Library
Additionally, the Department also oversees numerous neighborhood tot-lots, basketball courts and other park spaces, these include:
- 23rd St. Tot Lot – 2300 Huey P. Long Ave.
- Richard St. Park – 721 Richard St.
- Porter St. Basketball Courts
- Virgil St. Playground – 1301 Virgil St.
- Solon St. Tot Lot
- Washington St. Dog Park – 1040 Washington St….Coming Soon!
- Hamilton Park – 215 Hamilton St.